Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hunter X Hunter Manga series review


Hunter X Hunter is most well known in the anime/manga world for it hiatuses. From what I can tell from the fan's outrage, its had a few hiatuses which last years at a time. As I write this the manga is on hiatus. Apparently its coming back in June.

But this is my point - I don't really care if it comes back or not. Not because I don't like the series, but because as far as I'm concerned, the series has come to a perfect end. Hunter X Hunter's storyline goes from simple and humorous to completely convoluted and confusing to beautiful and poignant and back to humorous again.

 Where the story has ended right now is in the transition between poignant and humorous., and in my opinion, it's as good a place to end this story as any, because as I caught up with the whole series in two days, there were points so convoluted and complicated and boring that I was regretting starting to read this at all. But it all led to a satisfying, and in case of the last arc, beautiful endings. Now was the ending worth all the pointless headache? Well, that depends on the individual reader. But what I don't want is the story to start up again get confusing and boring and end suddenly like Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn did, because that is how we will remember the series now, as an inconclusive bore.

No comments:

Post a Comment