Thursday, May 1, 2014

How Do I Promote My Youtube Videos If Google Keeps Banning Me!!! Google's evil Ghostbanning Policy!

So, I recently started a YouTube channel to publish my short funny animations. As of now, one of them is uploaded, and I'm working on a second, based on Amazing Spiderman 2. So, it turns out, making the video was the easy part. I waited and waited, but my video literally got no views. Like, zero. I waited and waited. Eventually I got desperate, as people do, and against my better judgement, I posted a couple of "hey, check out my channel" comments on a couple YouTube videos. And when I say a couple, I mean a couple. It was on 3 or 4 "If movies were real" videos from Smosh, as my animation was based on a similar premise (check the end). I wasn't bombarding heaps of videos, whoring myself out. I just needed a few people to check my videos out. They were short and moderately funny, if I do say so myself. Pretty soon I realized, while my comments looked as if they were published from my account, when I logged out and checked the videos, my comments weren't showing up. I googled this and found out that Google had "Ghost banned" me. Basically my comments looked like they were being published but no one else could see them.

Now I know what you're thinking- "Advertising your channel can be as cheap as a few dollars. Just do that you cheapskate." But I'm from Nepal, and $1 is equal to 100 Rs. in the local currency. Would you spend a 100 or 300 of your local currency to pay for ads that would only ever get you very few views and even fewer viewers?" The only way I could pay for it anyway is if I could earn money from my videos through adsense.

Talking about adsense, the minimum payout rate of adsense is $100. While this may seem sensible in the U.S. or the U.K. or richer countries, I would much rather get my payouts quicker, especially cuz I can't get any views. Imagine if you had to wait until your account had 10000 in order to get your money when you're getting no views (literally none) whatsoever. That's what I have to do.

Google has basically stopped me from promoting my videos. New channels on YouTube have to be either lucky or rich, rather than creative, because there is no way to get your content out there, other than paying for advertising. There are no avenues left to me. I don't know why I'm writing this blog either, because there's no way people are going to find this and read this and sympathize. I hardly get a few views on this blog in a week.

If you'd like to help me out, check my animation out and if you like it, tell your friends.. It's only 49 seconds long, so it won't take much of your time. You an find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snqkBa7tSzY . It's called Movies Literally, and it's basically about what movies would be like if the title defined the plot. It literally has 0 views at the moment, so, you'd help me out a lot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment